The annual pin design contest has over one hundred entries each year. The winning pin designs will be used as part of the SkillsUSA Rhode Island Championships and at the National Skills and Leadership Conference in June of 2016. The contest is open to any SkillsUSA RI member. The design rules are simple, please follow them exactly to allow fairness in the judging of the designs.
1. All entries must be rendered in color (full or two color).
2. Preferably, entries will be created in a design software package such as Illustrator, Photoshop or other compatible software. Entries may also be hand-drawn, painted or rendered in colored pencils or markers.
3. Two versions of the design must appear on a single page 8.5”x11”.
– Larger Version: 7” x 7” (No Larger)
– Smaller Version: 1” x 1”
4. The SkillsUSA emblem or logo (or elements of either) cannot appear on the pin.
5. All copyright laws must be followed in the creation of the design.
6. Contestants must include a paragraph or two covering the following:
– The design process.
– Why he/she feels it represents their state.
– What are its unique qualities?
– Why would other students/advisors want to wear the pin?
7. The student who designs the pin selected as the “state pin” will be asked to go on to the national conference to represent Rhode Island in the Pin Design Demonstration Contest.
8. Designs must highlight SkillsUSA Rhode Island’s 40th Anniversary.
8. The catagories are Judge Pin, Competitor Pin, and State Pin.
9. All designs must be turned into by October 31, 2015. Submissions must be emailed to the SkillsUSA RI State Director, Joshua Klemp, at email@example.com. Submitted designs become the property of SkillsUSA Rhode Island. SkillsUSA RI reserves the right to manipulate any design. However, the original designer will get credit.
If you have any questions please contact the SkillsUSA Rhode Island office at 825-2316 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support!